Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: 432 Squadron

RAF Skipton-on-Swale was in Yorkshire four miles south west from Thirsk. Construction began in 1940 and it opened in August 1942 with tarmac runways. 420 Squadron flew in that month but left again in October, possibly due to the incomplete state of…

RAF East Moor was in Yorkshire eight miles north of York, and was a sub-station of RAF Linton-on-Ouse. It was constructed in 1941-42 with three concrete runways, two T2 hangars, one B1 repair hangar, 36 frying pan aircraft dispersals. It opened in…

PYoungJ1728.jpg
John Young grew up in Scotland and was a locomotive fireman on the railways until he volunteered to join the Royal Air Force. He completed a tour of operations as a flight engineer with 432 Squadron from RAF East Moor. After the war he returned to…

PYoungJ1512.jpg
Line group of seven aircrew, all in uniform either battledress or tunics with appropriate brevets. Sergeant John Young is standing is on the extreme right. Captioned ‘Sgt Stedman P. F/O Gapes N. F/O Fox O/B W/O Hartley W/AG Sgt Cambell M/U Sgt…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2