Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: 434 Squadron

RAF Tholthorpe was in Yorkshire, six miles east from Boroughbridge. Construction began in 1940 and it opened in August 1940 as a grass field used by Linton-on-Ouse as a satellite. It closed for rebuilding and to have concrete runways laid in December…

RAF Croft was in Yorkshire, six miles south of Darlington. It had three hard runways and opened in October 1941 as part of 4 Group. The first occupant was 78 Squadron, initially with Whitleys but the squadron converted to Halifaxes in April 1942. It…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2