Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: 578 Squadron

RAF Burn was in Yorkshire two miles south from Selby. Construction began in 1941 and it opened in November 1942 with concrete runways. During that month 431 Squadron arrived with its Wellingtons, leaving again in July 1943; the airfield then became a…

RAF Snaith was in Yorkshire seven miles south west of Goole, close to the village of Pollington. Construction began in 1940 and it opened with tarmac runways in 1941 as part of 1 Group. It was transferred to 4 Group in October 1942. It closed in…

PMcDonaldDA1501.jpg
Donald McDonald grew up in Australia and worked for a general store before he volunteered for the Royal Australian Air Force. He flew operations as a pilot with 466 and 578 Squadrons. He returned to Australia after the war where he became involved in…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2