Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: RAF Skipton on Swale

RAF Skipton-on-Swale was in Yorkshire four miles south west from Thirsk. Construction began in 1940 and it opened in August 1942 with tarmac runways. 420 Squadron flew in that month but left again in October, possibly due to the incomplete state of…

424 Squadron was formed in October 1942 as part of 4 Group Bomber Command, transferring to 6 Group the following January. In May 1943 it was posted to North Africa from where it flew until October 1943 before returning to 6 Group and flying Main…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2