Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: 426 Squadron

RAF Linton-on-Ouse is in Yorkshire five miles south west from Easingwold. Construction began in 1936 and it opened in May 1937 with a grass surface. Concrete runways were laid August 1939-1940. 78 Squadron was replaced by 77 in the summer of 1940 and…

RAF Dishforth was in Yorkshire, three miles north from Boroughbridge. It opened in September 1936 with a grass surface. It was home to 10 Squadron and 78 Squadron at the start of the war. 51 Squadron was in residence from December 1939 to May 1942,…

426 Squadron was formed in October 1942 as part of 4 Group Bomber Command, transferring to 6 Group in January 1943. It flew with the Group until it was moved into Transport Command in June 1945 and flew trooping flights until it disbanded in December…

RAF Tempsford was in Bedfordshire, three miles north east of Sandy. Construction started in July 1940 and was completed in October 1941, when the station became home to the RAF Special Duty Service as part of 3 Group. 138 and 161 Squadrons arrived in…

AMooreR160727.mp3
Raymond Moore flew 31 operations as a flight engineer with 408 Squadron. He describes initial training at Skegness and then further training at Cosford, Halton and St Athan. He describes the crewing-up procedure at Eastmoor and describes the…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2