Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: 429 Squadron

429 Squadron was formed in November 1942 as part of 4 Group Bomber Command, quickly transferring to 6 Group in January 1943. It flew Main Force operations until the end of the war and disbanded in May 1946.
It was stationed at: RAF East Moor and RAF…

RAF Leeming is in Yorkshire seven miles south west from Northallerton. Construction began in 1939 as a grass airfield and it opened in June 1940. 10 Squadron arrived in July and 7 and 102 Squadrons the following month but 102 left in September and 7…

PGreenCF1609.jpg
Charles Frederick Green was born in Peckham, London, in 1921. On leaving school he began an apprenticeship with a printing company, acting part-time as a police courier, before becoming an Air Raid Precaution warden. He then volunteered for the…

RAF East Moor was in Yorkshire eight miles north of York, and was a sub-station of RAF Linton-on-Ouse. It was constructed in 1941-42 with three concrete runways, two T2 hangars, one B1 repair hangar, 36 frying pan aircraft dispersals. It opened in…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2