Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: 148 Squadron

148 Squadron was reformed in 1937 and at the start of the war was a training squadron equipped with Ansons and Wellingtons. Subsequently the squadron was reformed in Malta, again with Wellingtons, and saw action in Libya and Egypt. Finally the…

RAF Stradishall was in Suffolk, ten miles south-west of Bury St Edmunds. It opened in 1938 as part of 3 Group Bomber Command. Construction of the three concrete runways commenced in September 1939, and when it reopened in 1940 it became home to…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2