Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: RAF Newmarket

RAF Newmarket was in Suffolk, adjacent to the border with Cambridgeshire. It opened as part of 3 Group in September 1939 and utilised land next to Newmarket Racetrack. It was a satellite station for RAF Mildenhall and the first occupant was 99…

215 Squadron was originally formed in 1918 and by September 1939 it was a training squadron equipped with Ansons, Harrows and Wellingtons. It was reformed in December 1941 with Wellingtons and transferred to India in April 1942. In October 1944 the…

99 Squadron was originally formed in 1917, and in 1938, was the first squadron to be equipped with Wellingtons. As part of 3 Group, It was stationed at RAF Newmarket from mid- September 1939 to March 1941 when it moved to RAF Waterbeach. It…

By the start of the war 75 Squadron was equipped with Wellingtons and it served as a pool training squadron in 3 Group. In April 1940 it was absorbed into 6 (Training) Group. The squadron was immediately reformed in 3 Group as 75 (NZ) Squadron using…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2