Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: 627 Squadron

RAF Oakington was in Cambridgeshire five miles north west from Cambridge. Construction began in 1939 and it opened with grass surfaces in June 1940. 218 Squadron moved in in July with Blenheims and remained until October. It was replaced by 7…

627 Squadron was formed in November 1943 as part of 6 Group Bomber Command. In April 1944 it was transferred to 5 Group as its Pathfinder squadron. It disbanded in September 1945.
It was stationed at: RAF Oakington and RAF Woodhall Spa.
Aircraft…

RAF Woodhall Spa is in Lincolnshire, 16 miles south-east of Lincoln. It opened in February 1942 as a satellite of RAF Coningsby. It was home to several squadrons flying Lancasters and Mosquito aircraft. 97 Squadron transferred there in 1942 and 619…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2