Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: 142 Squadron

RAF Grimsby was in Lincolnshire three and a half miles south from Grimsby. Construction began as a small civil airport for the town, called Waltham, in 1937, and it opened that year, grass-surfaced. In June 1938 25 Elementary and Reserve Flying…

142 Squadron was formed in 1918 and reformed in 1934. In the early months of the war it was part of the Advanced Air Striking Force in France. By the end of 1940 the squadron converted to Wellingtons in 1 Group, but was posted to the Middle East in…

RAF Waddington is in Lincolnshire, three miles south of Lincoln. It opened in November 1916, closed after the end of the First World War and reopened in March 1937. Concrete runways were laid in 1943. Waddington was home to several squadrons flying…

RAF Kirmington was in Lincolnshire, six miles north-east of Brigg. Construction began in late 1941 and it opened with three concrete runways in March 1942. It became part of 1 Group Bomber Command in October 1942. 166 Squadron reformed there in…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2