Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: 18 Squadron

18 Squadron was originally formed in 1915. By 1939, it was equipped with Blenheims and sent to France as part of the Air Component of the British Expeditionary Force. After participating in operations in France during May 1940 the squadron returned…

RAF West Raynham was in Norfolk, two miles from the village of the same name and five miles south west of Fakenham . It opened in 1939 initially with grass runways as a training station for 2 Group. From 1940, a wide assortment of aircraft types,…

RAF Great Massingham was in in Norfolk 12 miles east of King’s Lynn. It opened in September 1940 as a satellite station for RAF West Raynham with grass runways. As part of 2 Group the station was home to Blenheim squadrons and, for a month in May…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2