Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: 180 Squadron

SDexterKI127249v10015.jpg
History from opening on 22 November 1942 to civilian use up to January 1981. Originally 2 Group with 98 and 180 squadrons flying B-25. Later based 514 Squadron Lancaster of 3 Group then 192 Squadron of 100 Group flying Wellington. Mosquito and…

SDexterKI127249v10011.jpg
History of RAF Foulsham which opened in May 1942 and received 98 and 180 squadrons in October 1942 with B-25 aircraft. Describes problems getting B-25 operational and early raids as well as an early low level operation on Ghent/Terncuzen where three…

RAF West Raynham was in Norfolk, two miles from the village of the same name and five miles south west of Fakenham . It opened in 1939 initially with grass runways as a training station for 2 Group. From 1940, a wide assortment of aircraft types,…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2