Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: 304 Squadron

RAF Bramcote was in Warwickshire six miles south east of Nuneaton. It opened in September 1939 when 215 Squadron with Wellingtons moved in but stayed for just two weeks. During 1940 four Polish squadrons formed at RAF Bramcote with Battles. 300 and…

304 Squadron was one of four Polish Squadrons in Bomber Command. It was formed in August 1940 at RAF Bramcote with Battles. In December 1940 it became part of 1 Group, moved to RAF Syerston and converted to Wellingtons, which it flew for the rest of…

RAF Syerston was in Nottinghamshire, seven miles south-west of Newark-on-Trent. It opened in December 1940, and concrete runways were laid in 1942. It reopened as part of 5 Group Bomber Command. It was home to several squadrons and units flying a…

RAF Lindholme was an airfield in Yorkshire, seven miles north east of Doncaster. It was originally called RAF Halfield Woodhouse and opened in 1940 as a grass airfield. Its two runways were concreted and it reopened in October 1942 as a training…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2