Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: 227 Squadron

RAF Strubby was in Lincolnshire, eight miles south-east of Louth. Construction began in 1943 and it opened in April 1944 as part of Coastal Command. It was transferred to Bomber Command in September 1944. The station closed in 1972.
It was home to:…

RAF Graveley was in Huntingdonshire (now Cambridgeshire) four miles south from Huntingdon. Construction began in 1941 and it opened in March 1942, with concrete runways, as a relief airfield for RAF Wyton, and 161 Squadron operated its special duty…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2