Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: 571 Squadron

RAF Oakington was in Cambridgeshire five miles north west from Cambridge. Construction began in 1939 and it opened with grass surfaces in June 1940. 218 Squadron moved in in July with Blenheims and remained until October. It was replaced by 7…

RAF Warboys was in Cambridgeshire seven miles north east of Huntingdon. Construction was completed in August 1942 and 156 Squadron of 3 Group moved in with its Wellingtons. However within a month the squadron was transferred to, and became one of the…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2