Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: 58 Squadron

RAF Linton-on-Ouse is in Yorkshire five miles south west from Easingwold. Construction began in 1936 and it opened in May 1937 with a grass surface. Concrete runways were laid August 1939-1940. 78 Squadron was replaced by 77 in the summer of 1940 and…

58 Squadron was first formed in 1916 and was then re-formed in 1924. By 1939, it was part of Coastal Command but was transferred to Bomber Command as part of 4 Group in February 1940. It flew bombing operations until April 1942 when it became part of…

PParsonsCER1601.jpg
Cecil Parsons flew with 35 and 58 Squadrons in Bomber Command.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2