Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: 455 Squadron

RAF Skellingthorpe was in Lincolnshire, two miles south-west of Lincoln. It opened in 1941 as part of 5 Group Bomber Command. The station closed in 1955.
It was home to: 50 Squadron, 61 Squadron and 455 Squadron.
Aircraft flown included: …

RAF Swinderby was in Lincolnshire, eight miles south-west of Lincoln. It opened in August 1940 as part of 1 Group Bomber Command when it was home to the first two Polish Squadrons with the RAF. The runways were concreted in November 1941, and it…

RAF Wigsley was in Nottinghamshire, eight miles west of Lincoln. Construction began in 1941 and it opened in February 1942 as a satellite of RAF Swinderby in 1 Group Bomber Command. 455 squadron briefly operated from Wigsley before the station became…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2