Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: 455 Squadron

RAF Skellingthorpe was in Lincolnshire, two miles south-west of Lincoln. It opened in 1941 as part of 5 Group Bomber Command. The station closed in 1955.
It was home to: 50 Squadron, 61 Squadron and 455 Squadron.
Aircraft flown included: …

RAF Wigsley was in Nottinghamshire, eight miles west of Lincoln. Construction began in 1941 and it opened in February 1942 as a satellite of RAF Swinderby in 1 Group Bomber Command. 455 squadron briefly operated from Wigsley before the station became…

RAF Swinderby was in Lincolnshire, eight miles south-west of Lincoln. It opened in August 1940 as part of 1 Group Bomber Command when it was home to the first two Polish Squadrons with the RAF. The runways were concreted in November 1941, and it…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2