105 Squadron [concept]
105 Squadron formed part of the Advanced Air Striking Force in France with Battles early in the war before returning to England in June 1940 at RAF Honington and then to RAF Watton converting to Blenheims in 2 Group in July 1940. From October 1940 to December 1941 the squadron operated from RAF Swanton Morley with detachments sent to RAF Lossiemouth and Malta. In November 1941 it became the first squadron to be equipped with the Mosquito and moved the next month to RAF Horsham St Faith staying until September 1942. From September 1942 to March 1944 it operated from RAF Marham and whilst there in June 1943 transferred to 8 Group in an Oboe equipped Pathfinder role. The squadron’s final move was to RAF Bourn in March 1944 where it stayed until the end of the war having carried out more Mosquito raids than ay other squadron.
This item has no relations.