RAF Swanton Morley [entry point]
It was opened in September 1940 as part of 2 Group. 105 Squadron took up residence with Blenheims. 88 Squadron stayed briefly with Blenheims from July to August 1941. 105 Squadron converted to Mosquitos before moving out in December 1941. It was replaced by 226 Squadron which soon converted from Blenheims to Bostons. In April 1943, 88 Squadron returned but now flying Bostons and the next month 226 Squadron re-equipped with B-25s. In late 1943 the B-25s of 305 Squadron stayed for two months. In February 1944 226 Squadron was replaced by 98 Squadron with B-25s which stayed until April. In December 1944 the station transferred to 100 Group and was home to their bomber support development unit.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.