104 Squadron [concept]

Title

104 Squadron [concept]

Description

104 Squadron was originally formed during the First World War and reformed in 1936. It converted to Blenheims in 1938 and was a training squadron until April 1940 when it was absorbed into 13 Operational Training Unit. It was reformed again in April 1941 as part of 4 Group at RAF Driffield from where it flew Wellingtons on night bombing operations. In October 1941 a detachment from the squadron was posted to Malta, transferring to Egypt as a full squadron in January 1942. It continued to operate Wellingtons from Egypt, Tunisia and Italy until it converted to B-24s in February 1945.
It was stationed at: RAF Bassingbourn, RAF Bicester and RAF Driffield.
Aircraft flown included: Blenheim and Wellington.
Wartime losses: 88

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Contributor

Nigel Moore

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Citation

“104 Squadron [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed October 16, 2019, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6285.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Can you help improve this description?