RAF Watton [entry point]
It opened in 1939 as part of 2 Group and was initially used by 21 Squadron and 82 Squadron, both with Blenheims. 105 Squadron, also with Blenheims, replaced 21 Squadron in July 1940. In January 1942 RAF Watton became a non-operational advanced flying training station until July 1943 when it was handed over to the United States Army Air Force for the rest of the war.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.