106 Squadron [concept]

Title

106 Squadron [concept]

Description

106 Squadron was formed in 1917 and reformed in 1938. At first it was a reserve bomber squadron flying Hampdens as part of 5 Group stationed at RAF Cottesmore. It moved to RAF Finningley and RAF Coningsby where it converted to Manchesters and then Lancasters in 1942. It then moved to RAF Syerston before moving to RAF Metheringham in November 1943 where it remained until February 1946.
It was stationed at: RAF Cottesmore, RAF Finningley, RAF Coningsby, RAF Syerston and RAF Metheringham.
Aircraft flown included: Hampden, Manchester and Lancaster.
Wartime losses: 989

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Contributor

Clare Bennett
Julian Maslin
Gemma Clapton

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Citation

“106 Squadron [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed November 14, 2019, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6287.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Can you help improve this description?