RAF Horsham St Faith [entry point]
It opened in June 1940 as part of 2 Group with the arrival of 114 Squadron and then 139 Squadron, both with Blenheims. 114 Squadron moved out but 139 Squadron stayed until July 1941 and was replaced by 18 Squadron, also with Blenheims. 139 Squadron returned for two months in September 1941 and 18 Squadron left in November 1941. Mosquitos arrived in December 1941 with 105 Squadron. 139 Squadron returned in June 1942, now equipped with Mosquitos. Both squadrons moved out in September 1942 when the station was transferred to the United States Army Air Force for the rest of the war. The site is now Norwich International Airport.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.