RAF West Raynham [entry point]
It opened in May 1939 as part of 2 Group, initially with grass runways. First occupant was 101 Squadron with Blenheims. 18, 76 and 139 Squadrons all had brief stays at the station. In 1941 101 Squadron was replaced by 114 Squadron, also with Blenheims. 180 Squadron with B-25s and 342 Squadron with Bostons both formed at RAF West Raynham before moving out. The runways were converted to concrete in 1943 and in December 1943 the station was transferred to 100 Group. 141 Squadron and 239 Squadron both operated night fighter bomber support Mosquitoes until the end of the war.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.