207 Squadron [entry point]

Title

207 Squadron [entry point]

Description

See all Archive items | See all wartime losses

In September 1939, 207 Squadron was a training squadron equipped with Battles and Ansons at RAF Cranfield. In December 1939 it moved to RAF Cottesmore where it became part of 12 Operational Training Unit in April 1940. The Squadron was re-formed in November 1940 at RAF Waddington as part of 5 Group to bring the new Manchester into operational service. From November 1941 to September 1942 the squadron was based at RAF Bottesford where it converted to Lancasters in March 1942.  The squadron moved to RAF Langar for three weeks in September to October 1943. It then became the first squadron to operate from RAF Spilsby in October 1943 from where it flew until the end of the war.

Refinements:
   
Artwork                            Text
Map                                Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log      Text. Diary
Moving image                       Text. Log book and record book
Photograph                         Text. Memoir
Physical object                    Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing          Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration        Text. Service material
Sound                              Text. Training material
Technical aid

Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.

Contributor

Citation

“207 Squadron [entry point],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed June 28, 2022, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6320.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.