199 Squadron [entry point]
199 Squadron was formed as part of 1 Group at RAF Blyton in November 1942 flying Wellingtons. It moved to RAF Ingham in February 1943 but in June 1943 it transferred to 3 Group at RAF Lakenheath and converted to Stirlings. In May 1944 it transferred again, this time to 100 Group and was stationed at RAF North Creake. It flew radio counter-measure operations initially with its Stirlings but from February 1945 with Halifaxes.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.