RAF Waddington [concept]

Title

RAF Waddington [concept]

Description

RAF Waddington is in Lincolnshire, three miles south of Lincoln. It opened in November 1916, closed after the end of the First World War and reopened in March 1937. Concrete runways were laid in 1943. Waddington was home to several squadrons flying Hampdens, Manchesters and Lancasters and is still in use today.
It was home to: 9 Squadron, 44 Squadron, 50 Squadron, 97 Squadron, 142 Squadron, 207 Squadron, 420 Squadron, 463 Squadron and 467 Squadron.
Aircraft flown included: Hampden, Manchester and Lancaster
Wartime losses: 1659

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Contributor

Hugh Donnelly

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Citation

“RAF Waddington [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed March 24, 2019, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/5727.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Can you help improve this description?