76 Squadron [concept]

Title

76 Squadron [concept]

Description

See all Archive items | See all wartime losses

76 Squadron was reformed at RAF Finningley in April 1937 and was a training squadron with Ansons and Hampdens at RAF Upper Heyford until April 1940 when it became 16 Operational Training Unit. It reformed in May 1941 in 4 Group at RAF Linton on Ouse with Halifaxes. The squadron moved to RAF Middleton St George in June where it stayed until September 1942 before returning to RAF Linton on Ouse until June 1943. From then until the end of the war it was based at RAF Holme-on-Spalding Moor. The squadron carried out the most Halifax bombing opearations.

Refinements (show definitions):
   
Artwork                            Text
Map                                Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log      Text. Diary
Moving image                       Text. Log book and record book
Photograph                         Text. Memoir
Physical object                    Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing          Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration        Text. Service material
Sound                              Text. Training material
Technical aid

Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.

Citation

“76 Squadron [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed January 23, 2022, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6272.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.