61 Squadron [concept]
At the start of the war 61 Squadron was part of 5 Group flying Hampdens at RAF Hemswell. In July 1941 it converted to Manchesters and moved to RAF North Luffenham where it stayed until November 1941. From then until May 1942 it was at RAF Woolfox Lodge from where it moved to RAF Syerston converting to Lancasters in June 1942. From November 1943 to the end of the war the squadron had two spells at RAF Skellingthorpe interrupted by a spell at RAF Coningsby from February to April 1944.
This item has no relations.