58 Squadron [concept]

Title

58 Squadron [concept]

Description

58 Squadron was first formed in 1916 and was then re-formed in 1924. By 1939, it was part of Coastal Command but was transferred to Bomber Command as part of 4 Group in February 1940. It flew bombing operations until April 1942 when it became part of Coastal command again. It was disbanded in May 1945.
It was stationed at: Linton on Ouse.
Aircraft flown included: Whitley and Halifax.
Wartime losses: 182

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Contributor

Clare Bennett
Julian Maslin

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Citation

“58 Squadron [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed January 20, 2020, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6268.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Can you help improve this description?