301 Squadron [entry point]

Title

301 Squadron [entry point]
301 (Pomeranian) Squadron; Land of Pomerania Squadron; Dywizjon Bombowy Ziemi Pomorskiej [entry point]

Description

See all Archive items | See all wartime losses

301 Squadron was one of four Polish squadrons in Bomber Command and was formed with Battles at RAF Bramcote in July 1940. The squadron moved to RAF Swinderby in August 1940 where it converted to Wellingtons. From July 1941 to April 1943 the squadron was based at RAF Hemswell. The squadron disbanded in April 1943 with most personnel transferred to No. 300 Squadron remaining at RAF Hemswell. In November 1944 301 Squadron reformed in Italy in a special duties role with Halifaxes and B-24s dropping supplies to allied forces. The Squadron returned to the UK in April 1945 as part of Transport Command.

Refinements:
   
Artwork                            Text
Map                                Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log      Text. Diary
Moving image                       Text. Log book and record book
Photograph                         Text. Memoir
Physical object                    Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing          Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration        Text. Service material
Sound                              Text. Training material
Technical aid

Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.

Citation

“301 Squadron [entry point],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed November 27, 2022, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6330.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.