304 Squadron [entry point]

Title

304 Squadron [entry point]
304 (Silesian) Squadron [entry point]

Description

See all Archive items | See all wartime losses

304 Squadron was one of four Polish Squadrons in Bomber Command. It was formed in August 1940 at RAF Bramcote with Battles. In December 1940 it became part of 1 Group, moved to RAF Syerston and converted to Wellingtons, which it flew for the rest of the war. The squadron became operational in April 1941 and moved to RAF Lindholme in July 1941. It served with Bomber Command until May 1942 when it transferred to Coastal Command until the end of the war.

Refinements:
   
Artwork                            Text
Map                                Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log      Text. Diary
Moving image                       Text. Log book and record book
Photograph                         Text. Memoir
Physical object                    Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing          Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration        Text. Service material
Sound                              Text. Training material
Technical aid

Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.

Citation

“304 Squadron [entry point],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed November 27, 2022, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6331.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.