300 Squadron [entry point]
300 Squadron was one of four Polish squadrons in Bomber Command and was formed in July 1940 at RAF Bramcote with Battles and manned by Poles who had escaped from Poland and of France. The squadron moved into 1 Group at RAF Swinderby in August 1940 and converted to Wellingtons in October 1940. From July 1941 to May 1942 the squadron was based at RAF Hemswell and from May 1942 to January 1943 it was at RAF Ingham. It returned to RAF Hemswell until June 1943 before once again returning to RAF Ingham from June 1943 to March 1944. The squadron converted to Lancasters in March 1944 and moved to RAF Faldingworth from where it operated until the end of the war. At the end of the war the squadron took part in Operation Manna, dropping food to the Dutch.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.