114 Squadron [concept]
In September 1939, 114 Squadron was stationed at RAF Wyton in 2 Group equipped with Blenheims. It was sent to France in December 1939 as part of the Advanced Air Striking Force. It returned to Britain in May 1940, initially to RAF Wattisham and subsequently to RAF Horsham St Faith in June 1940 and RAF Oulton in August 1940. From March to July 1941 the squadron was loaned to Coastal Command. It returned to Bomber Command at RAF West Raynham from July 1941 to November 1942 when it moved to North Africa and operated from there, Sicily and Italy for the rest of the war equipped with Bostons.Refinements (show definitions):
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.