115 Squadron [entry point]
115 Squadron was in 3 Group throughout the war. In September 1939 it was based at RAF Marham equipped with Wellingtons. From September 1942 to November 1942 it moved to RAF Mildenhall and then to RAF East Wretham where, having carried out the most Wellington operations in Bomber Command, the squadron converted to the radial engined Lancaster Mk 2s in March 1943. From August 1943 to November 1943 the squadron operated from RAF Little Snoring before moving to RAF Witchford from where it operated until the end of the war having switched to Merlin engined Lancasters in in March 1944.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.