RAF Oulton [entry point]
It opened as part of 2 Group in August 1940. The station was initially used by 114 Squadron with Blenheims until it was replaced in April 1941 by 18 Squadron, also with Blenheims. 139 Squadron with Hudsons briefly moved in during December 1941. The station was loaned to Coastal Command from July to September 1942. 2 Group returned with 88 Squadron equipped with Bostons until March 1942 when 21 Squadron with Venturas took up residence. The station closed in September 1943 for upgrading. RAF Oulton re-opened in May 1944 in 100 Group and was home to 214 Squadron with B-17s and 223 Squadron flying B-17s and B-24s. Both squadrons performed radio counter-measures roles until the end of the war.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.