RAF Bicester [concept]
Originally a Royal Flying Corps station it was redeveloped in the 1920s as bomber station. In September 1939 104 Squadron and 108 Squadron were in residence as training units with Blenheims and Ansons. The two squadrons merged in April 1940 to become 13 Operational Training Unit (OTU). In October 1939 the prototype Halifax made its maiden flight from the station. By 1944 13 OTU was mainly equipped with B-25s and Mosquitos.
This item has no relations.