RAF Lindholme [entry point]

Title

RAF Lindholme [entry point]
RAF Hatfield Woodhouse

Description

RAF Lindholme (also known as Hatfield Woodhouse) was a Bomber Command station located in Yorkshire, 7 miles (11 kms) north-east of Doncaster.

See all Archive items | See all wartime losses | Explore nearby

The station, originally called RAF Hatfield Woodhouse, opened in 1940 as part of 5 Group with 50 Squadron equipped with Hampdens. 408 Squadron, also with Hampdens, was formed in June 1941 but moved out a month later. RAF Lindholme was transferred to 1 Group in August 1941 and was occupied by 304 Squadron and 305 Squadron both flying Wellingtons. During the summer of 1942 the station was closed whilst its runways were concreted and it re-opened in October 1942 as a training station with 1656 Heavy Conversion Unit with Manchesters and Lancasters. 1667 Heavy Conversion Unit formed in June 1943 with Lancasters and Halifaxes but moved out in October 1943. 1 Lancaster Finishing School was established in November 1943 and the station transferred to 7 Group in November 1944.

Refinements:
   
Artwork                            Text
Map                                Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log      Text. Diary
Moving image                       Text. Log book and record book
Photograph                         Text. Memoir
Physical object                    Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing          Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration        Text. Service material
Sound                              Text. Training material
Technical aid

Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.

Citation

“RAF Lindholme [entry point],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed October 6, 2022, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/5688.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.