215 Squadron [concept]

Title

215 Squadron [concept]

Description

215 Squadron was originally formed in 1918 and by September 1939 it was a training squadron equipped with Ansons, Harrows and Wellingtons. It was reformed in December 1941 with Wellingtons and transferred to India in April 1942. In October 1944 the squadron converted to B-24s but in April 1945 it became a transport squadron using C-47s.
It was stationed at: RAF Honington, RAF Bramcote, RAF Bassingbourn, RAF Newmarket, RAF Stradishall, RAF Waterbeach and RAF Harwell.
Aircraft flown included: Anson, Harrow, Wellington, B-24 and C-47.

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Contributor

Nigel Moore

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Citation

“215 Squadron [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed May 20, 2019, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6322.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Can you help improve this description?