148 Squadron [concept]

Title

148 Squadron [concept]

Description

148 Squadron was reformed in 1937 and at the start of the war was a training squadron equipped with Ansons and Wellingtons. Subsequently the squadron was reformed in Malta, again with Wellingtons, and saw action in Libya and Egypt. Finally the squadron operated from Libya and Italy in a Special Duties role equipped with B-24s, Halifaxes, Lysanders and Stirlings. In this role the squadron supported resistance movements in southern France, Italy, the Balkans, Greece, Yugoslavia and Poland.

It was stationed at: RAF Stradishall and RAF Harwell.
Aircraft flown included: Anson and Wellington.
Wartime losses: 8

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Contributor

Nigel Moore

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Citation

“148 Squadron [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed December 10, 2019, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/6300.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Can you help improve this description?