RAF Woodhall Spa [concept]

Title

RAF Woodhall Spa [concept]

Description

RAF Woodhall Spa is in Lincolnshire, 16 miles south-east of Lincoln. It opened in February 1942 as a satellite of RAF Coningsby. It was home to several squadrons flying Lancasters and Mosquito aircraft. 97 Squadron transferred there in 1942 and 619 Squadron was formed there in 1943. 617 Squadron moved to Woodhall Spa and operated from there with Tallboy and Grand Slam bombs.
It was home to: 97 Squadron, 617 Squadron, 619 Squadron and 627 Squadron.
Aircraft flown included: Lancaster and Mosquito.
Wartime losses: 440

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Contributor

Hugh Donnelly

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Citation

“RAF Woodhall Spa [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed March 24, 2019, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/5736.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Can you help improve this description?