Browse Items (6 total)

  • Tags: 464 Squadron

464 Squadron was formed in September 1942 as part of 2 Group Bomber Command but in June 1943 it transferred to 2 Tactical Air Force and flew intruder operations until it disbanded in September 1945.
It was stationed at: RAF Feltwell and RAF…

RAF Methwold was in Nofolk, 10 miles north-west of Brandon. It opened with grass runways in 1939 as a satellite airfield for RAF Feltwell, just to the south. The runways were concreted in 1943 and it reopened in May 1944. Flying ceased in 1946 and…

RAF Feltwell is in Norfolk, ten miles west of Thetford. It opened in April 1937 and was operated by 3 Group Bomber Command with Harrows of 214 and 37 Squadrons. They converted to Wellingtons in May 1939. By November 1940 the station was occupied by…

PBanksP15010071.jpg
Aerial vertical photograph of docks. A wide river runs from top centre diagonally to bottom left. At the top an inlet and on the right side a road runs top to bottom. Below the inlet and between road and river is a large basin with docks running off…

PBanksP15010070.jpg
An aerial vertical photograph of docks. On the right a series of interconnected canals and basins. A road runs from top right to middle bottom crossing the canal over narrow channel. A large basin goes from top left to the centre with several ships…

PBanksP15010053.jpg
Approximately 100 personnel in four rows in front of a Ventura. Most of the front row are officers wearing peaked caps. The remaining rows are mostly airmen. In the background an open grass area with a church on the horizon on the left. Captioned…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2