RAF Morton Hall [entry point]
RAF Morton Hall was a Bomber Command station located in Lincolnshire, 4 miles (6 kms) south-west of Lincoln.
It was a country mansion taken over by the RAF in 1942 as the Aircrew Commando School, training personnel in evasion techniques. In March 1943 it also became the headquarters of 51 Base, Bomber Command, controlling the nearby Heavy Conversion Units at RAF Swinderby, RAF Syerston, RAF Wigsley and RAF Winthorpe. These two units left in November 1943 and were replaced by headquarters 5 Group, Bomber Command, which stayed until the Group disbanded in December 1945. The station closed in 1956.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.