426 Squadron [concept]
426 Squadron was a Canadian squadron formed in October 1942 at RAF Dishforth with Wellingtons as part of 4 Group. The station and squadron transfered to the Canadian 6 Group in January 1943. In June 1943 the squadron moved to RAF Linton-on-Ouse and converted to the radial engined Lancaster Mk 2 which it used until May 1944 when it converted to Halifaxes which it used until the end of the war.Refinements (show definitions):
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.