156 Squadron [entry point]
156 Squadron was reformed at RAF Alconbury in February 1942 with Wellingtons as part of 3 Group. In August 1942 it moved to RAF Warboys as one of the original Pathfinder squadrons. In January 1943 the Pathfinders became 8 Group and 153 Squadron converted to Lancasters. In March 1944 the squadron moved to RAF Upwood. At the end of the war it took part in Operation Manna, Operation Exodus and Operation Dodge.Refinements:
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
This item has no relations.