RAF Warboys [entry point]
The station opened in August 1942 as part of 3 Group. 156 Squadron moved in with Wellingtons. However within a month both the station and 156 Squadron were transferred to the new Pathfinder force. Converting to Lancasters in January 1943 156 Squadron continued to operate from RAF Warboys until March 1944. RAF Warboys then became a training station for 8 Group with its Night Training Unit with Lancasters and 1655 Mosquito Conversion Unit.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.