RAF Snaith [concept]

Title

RAF Snaith [concept]

Description

RAF Snaith was in Yorkshire seven miles south west of Goole, close to the village of Pollington. Construction began in 1940 and it opened with tarmac runways in 1941 as part of 1 Group. It was transferred to 4 Group in October 1942. It closed in 1946.

It was home to: 51 Squadron, 150 Squadron, 266 Squadron, 578 Squadron.
Aircraft flown included: Halifax, Wellington, Typhoon and Oxford.

Wartime losses: 896

Publisher

IBCC Digital Archive

Contributor

Clare Bennett
Julian Maslin
Trevor Hardcastle
Terry Hancock

Rights

This content is available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 International license (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0). It has been published ‘as is’ and may contain inaccuracies or culturally inappropriate references that do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University of Lincoln or the International Bomber Command Centre. For more information, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ and https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/legal.

Citation

“RAF Snaith [concept],” IBCC Digital Archive, accessed March 20, 2019, https://ibccdigitalarchive.lincoln.ac.uk/omeka/collections/document/5709.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Can you help improve this description?