RAF Hurn [entry point]
It opened in March 1941 and, following runway extensions in 1942, was mainly used by Transport Command in an airborne force support role with Albemarles, Whitleys, Halifaxes and Horsa gliders. From March to June 1944 the station was used by Typhoon and Mosquito fighter squadrons followed from July to September 1944 by the United States Army Air Force. The station was closed by the RAF in October 1944 but is now Bournemouth Airport.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.