RAF Ringway [entry point]
It opened in 1940 and initially used by 1 Operational Training Unit in Coastal Command. Subsequently it was used as a parachute training school and also by the Air Transport Auxiliary. The station was an important site for the production and repair of military aircraft. The prototypes of the Manchester, Lancaster and Lincoln all first flew from RAF Ringway, which is now Manchester Airport.Refinements:
Item type refinement is covered in the FAQ section, questions 12 and 13. The Archive also comes with a range of tools for searching and browsing content: please see the help page.
Map Text. Correspondence
Map. Navigation chart and log Text. Diary
Moving image Text. Log book and record book
Photograph Text. Memoir
Physical object Text. Personal research
Physical object. Clothing Text. Poetry
Physical object. Decoration Text. Service material
Sound Text. Training material
This item has no relations.